Come here and learn the specific method of nebula earrings jewelry. Hope you will love it and give a try!
1) Place the 3/4" blank into on of the indents on the doming block. You want to make sure that the metal blank sits entirely in the indent; the bigger the indent, the more area you'll have to maneuver and the more the blank can be domed.
2) Pull the blank out of the indent on the doming black and set onto a heavy piece of paper on a flat surface. Use permanent markers in various colors to color random dots on the 3/4" metal blank. If you make a mistake or don't like the color scheme, take a polish pad and rub it vigorously over the area to lift most of the color off the metal blank.
3) Flip the domed blank over and measure 1/16" from the edge, marking on the outside of this spot with your scribe. Set this blank onto the steel dapping block and use your center punch and hammer to make a small divot where you marked your measurement.
4) Move the domed blank to either a scrap piece of wood or rubber block. Use a bit of Cut Lube on the drill bit - we used a 1/16" drill bit. Set the ring blank as best as you can into the ring clamp jaws and drill the hole into the metal blank. Use a larger drill bit to get rid of the swarf on the front of the metal blank.
5) As for the 1" gold metal blank, measure 1/8" from the edge of the blank and mark it very lightly with your scribe. Place the metal blank onto the steel dapping block and position your center punch so it is just on the outside of the mark that you just made. Use your center punch and hammer to make an indent in the metal blank, and then fit the metal blank into the ring clamps' jaws. Again, run the drill bit through the Cut Lube and drill a hole into the 1" gold metal blank. Use a larger drill bit to get rid of the swarf on the front of the metal blank.
6) Open the 6mm Jump ring and fit it through the two metal blanks. Close this jump ring and then open the 4mm jump ring and use this to attach the 6mm jump ring to the loop at the base of one of the lever back earrings. Close this jump ring.
7) Repeat all steps to create the other earring. Done!Quantity of Materials Needed
2 Lillypilly Aluminum
Blank Round 1" Gold
2 Lillypilly Aluminum Blank Round 3/4" Dots Black
1 Package of Polishing Ultra Pads 2" x 2"
1 Cutting Lubricant 2oz
1 Center Punch 4-1/2"
1 Wood Dapping Set
2 Lever Back Earrings 15mm Gold Plated
1 Brass Hammer 1lb
2 Jump Ring 4mm Gold Plated
2 Jump Ring
6mm Gold Color
1 Flex Shaft Polishing System
1 Ring Clamp Nylon
1 Deluxe Steel Scribe
Colorful Permanent Markers