1. First, measure the the length all the way around the hem of your skirt. Then work out how wide you want your sheer panel, and then cut the sheer fabric at that width (plus two inches for the hem allowance at each side) to the length you measured (ie the length around the hem).
2. You may have to cut two panels to sew together. If this is the case make sure the seams are cut and attached in line with the seams of the skirt.
3. Turn the hem of the sheer fabric twice and then iron and sew down. If you have two separate pieces, join them together.
4. Sew the hem on both long edges of the fabric so that it looks like the piece below.
5. Pin the piece of sheer fabric to the hem of the base skirt, matching up the seam join to either the back (if there is only one seam) or the sides (if there are two seams).
6. Sew the sheer piece down onto the skirt, sewing the seam together on the underside and ironing down flat. Finally, iron the whole skirt well.
And there you have it! I said it was simple didn’t I?