This little DIY couldn't be simpler, all you need is a safety pin, industrial tape, an image you love and some clear nailpolish. I have a lot of vintage kids books laying around, I always feel a little bad cutting them up but I figure the pictures in them are so beautiful they deserve to be shared.
- Find a picture you love
- Stick it to some cardboard to make it a bit thicker. (I used wood glue but you can use a glue stick)
- Cut it out
- Turn it over and use thick tape to fix a safety pin to the back
- Paint the back with clear nail polish and let it dry
- Paint the front with clear nail polish
- High five yourself for being super crafty
- Upload an image of your finished product to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag Patchwork Cactus in it so I can check it out!
You can make these badges out of any image you want so just have a rummage or draw something.
My sister actually gave me the idea from a project she is doing with children so this is absolutely a child friendly craft activity.
- The more layers of clear nail polish you use the stronger it will be
- Don't buy cardboard, an old greeting card or cereal box will do
- It will probably stink out your house so maybe set up near a window (I painted it in the bathroom with the extractor fan on)
- Use a circle or a heart punch and make buttons from pretty patterned paper
- Turn beautiful photographs into jewellery this way
- Collage and layer paper for a more three dimensional look
- Embellish your gift wrapping with these badges (use wrapping paper to make christmas ones)
- Get your kids to draw tiny pictures of things they love and turn them into pins.